This year has been like no other. Covid-19 has kept our students apart, and added unprecedented challenges to their learning. Through it all, our community has shown resilience and strength, and our incredible teachers have given so much to help our students succeed. We are hopeful that this time of separation will come to an end soon. We look forward to once again meeting up for movie nights, play dates, and using our beautiful play space.
· While school has looked and felt very different this year, the financial needs of our school and our students have remained. Summer learning gaps have widened, as home learning environments differ, and access to materials vary.
- We will be focusing our efforts in the area of literacy, as well as bridging the participation gap for our award-winning extra curriculars.
- Our school’s academic leaders have identified literacy as being the top area of disparity and a high need area for resources.
- Additionally, we will provide additional books through a lending library (first virtual, and eventually physical), digital downloads, as well as funding author visits (first virtual, and eventually physical), to talk to students about the writing process and inspire budding young authors.
Participation in Extra Curriculars
- Throughout our time apart, CMI students have continued to win awards and esteem through our excellent extra curriculars, like robotics and debate. These programs provide students with life skills and confidence, but require a financial investment to participate. Our goal is that any CMI student who wishes to participate in extra curriculars will be able to, regardless of financial ability.
In the past, we have given families a suggested donation level of $300 per student. This year, we understand that giving ability has been greatly affected by the pandemic, the economy, and other factors. We are asking that those families who can, please stretch their giving to help carry our community forward during this difficult time.
For those whose giving capacity is limited, please know that even small gifts can make a big difference.